Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 30 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. We support living healthier lives with perks like a Wellness Benefit to be spent on fitness-related purchases each year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent free lunches, snacks, lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Job you will do
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as an Audit Manager in Abilene, TX might include the following:
- Manage expectations, ensure satisfaction and lead collaborative efforts to improve client business processes.
- Prepare or review accounting-related reports through a paperless environment and provide financial analysis upon completion of fieldwork in an effort to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Work with audit engagement team to ensure the various components of the audit engagement are performed -- including gathering information from the client, and reviewing and compiling client financial data.
- Conduct collaboration sessions and/or discussions with key leaders within the client company.
- Stay aware of general business trends or issues in order to professionally represent and apply this knowledge to the client's solutions, potentially developing new or additional business for the Firm.
- Develop, train and mentor Audit Interns, Seasonal Audit Associates, Audit Associates and Senior Audit Associates on projects and assess both personal and professional performance for engagement and career development opportunities.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
Who You Are
- You take pride in helping others, and you are ready to take on the challenge of leading a team of high-performing individuals.
- You have excellent communication skills as well as the ability to effectively interact with all levels of Firm management and staff, clients and other external business contacts.
- You are a team player and love collaborating with others over sitting in a cube working alone.
- You are a multi-tasking master, and there has never been a deadline you could not meet.
- You have knowledge of and exposure to a variety of industries (financial institutions industry experience preferred).
- You possess strong computer skills and have experience with accounting software.
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- You enjoy learning about various client business processes and traveling to different locations to help clients (20 percent travel is required).
- In addition to all of this, you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, have an active CPA license and have 5+ years of experience in public accounting auditing work.