Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Anticipates client needs using firm client service processes and proactively proposes several solutions to client problems; then recommends the most fitting solution
- Assign work to staff members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities.
- Manage interns, staff accountants and seniors, provide feedback to them, and evaluate their progress, offer guidance and direction.
- Make sure all work assigned is completed on a timely basis within predetermined budgets.
- Contribute to staff performance reviews.
- Effectively communicate all aspects of work performed to clients, partners, managers and staff accountants.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all clients and the firm business.
- Enhance existing client relationships and actively seek to develop new relationships with potential clients and referral sources that would be beneficial to the firm.
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings, as well as periodic committee meetings as assigned.
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
- CPA License
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting and auditing with a thorough knowledge of professional accounting and auditing standards, including GAAP
- Proven supervisory experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills