$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Provide a leadership role in the delivery of value-added independent and objective risk-based internal audit assurance and advisory services for BB&T Corporation. Further develop and maintain specialization and expertise in specific areas of financial services.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Serve as auditor-in-charge for high-risk, complex audit assignments by:
a. assuming responsibility for audit project management.
b. planning, scoping and developing the audit test plan and organizing and using resources effectively to complete assignments within budget.
c. documenting processes using narratives, flowcharts, and process maps.
d. analyzing process documentation to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency.
e. making appropriate recommendations and reporting the results of audits.
f. addressing material issues with senior management.
2. Serve as advisor to bank management on more complex assignments by:
a. having a solid understanding of the business strategies of BB&T, each line of business and the specific area or process under review.
b. being knowledgeable of the organization, operations, policies and procedures (including banking laws and regulations) under which BB&T operates.
c. proactively supporting management on the establishment of internal controls, monitoring techniques and risk management.
d. advocating incorporation of risk management in the implementation of new systems, processes and changes to existing systems and procedures.
e. representing Audit on various bank committees, and utilizing expertise in financial services.
3. Further develop and maintain specialization in a specific BB&T line(s) of business. Keep abreast of current trends, new developments, technologies and practices in the auditing profession, banking industry and area of specialization. Serve as coach for areas of specialization. Pursue continuing education and possible additional professional certifications, as appropriate.
4. Provide leadership in development of team members. Take an active role in the training and mentoring of new and junior team members. Be a Client Service Champion by consistently modeling the perfect client experience.
5. Develop and maintain communications with management in areas of specialization to ensure effective working relationships. Assist management in establishing internal controls by consulting in the implementation of new systems, processes and changes to existing systems, standards and procedures. Assist other departments in their periodic compliance reviews.
6. Maintain rapport with external auditors/bank examiners and assist in the coordination efforts to ensure prompt and efficient completion of their examination.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related field or equivalent education and related training
2. Six years of banking, auditing or other relevant experience, preferably in a role similar to Senior Internal Auditor
3. Demonstrated ability in a specific area(s) of banking and financial services relevant to the area of specialization
4. Demonstrated leadership ability and decision making skills
5. Strong understanding of risk management and process concepts
6. Strong project management and consulting skills
7. Strong analytical, facilitation, interpersonal and decision-making skills
8. Strong written, verbal and negotiating skills
9. Strong auditing skills and a broad understanding of banking and financial services
10. Good working knowledge of standard software applications such as MS Office
11. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Completion of a Graduate School of Banking
2. Possess appropriate professional certification
Valid Through: 2019-10-30