In this position, you will be primarily responsible for auditing Treasury and Finance activities, including Liquidity, Capital, Stress Testing, Funding, Interest Rate Risk and Regulatory/ Financial Reporting as well as reviewing lending lifecycle within the commercial real estate (CRE), Commercial/Industrial (C&I) and venture capital funding. Responsibilities include management of audit execution in related areas and involvement in risk assessment and development of audit plan.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the audit process from start to finish autonomously, including planning and audit execution according to a risk-based approach, recommending internal control improvements (including operational enhancements or efficiencies) and preparing audit reports. Effectively manage audit budget and deadlines. Provide updates to management on progress.
- Develop expertise of the Bank’s operations, establish effective business relationships within the Bank and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of business initiatives/ processes to identify areas of increasing and emerging risks within designated focus areas; escalate risk issues as appropriate, follow-up on solutions and propose specific coverage. Analyze and assess related risks assumed by the various businesses and develop a forward looking view across the Bank.
- Present clearly formulated observations in a timely and professional manner to management both orally and in writing.
- Partner with audit clients to identify constructive, practical, innovative and value-added solutions to issues identified.
- Participate in the quarterly issue verification process, comprising the follow up for the satisfactory completion of outstanding issues raised by regulators and/ or audits where required.
- Guiding and directing the audit staff in all audit phases (planning, fieldwork and reporting) to facilitate the identification and reporting of critical business risks.
- Responsible for developing the audit staff by performing effective work paper review, preparing constructive interim and annual performance evaluations and providing training opportunities.
- Manages staff including time and attendance and employee relations. Responsible for employee retention
- May participate in various key management committees, acting in an advisory capacity.
- Identify opportunities for, and participate in approved special projects, investigations or other significant business issues.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities for Treasury/Finance and Lending related topics, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Minimum of 7+ years internal audit experience. At least 2 years in an audit management capacity and/or risk management experience within a Bank or the Financial Services industry.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience concentrated in Treasury, Finance, Lending related or Credit Risk Management function preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and a willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and experience of effectively interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to direct, coach, motivate and supervise staff.
- High ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy.
- Organized with ability to manage complexity, multi-task and meet operational deadlines
- CPA, CIA or other related professional certification a plus. Financial Risk Manager (FRM) or other risk management related certifications preferred but not required.