Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS) has an opening for a Regulatory Reporting Audit Manager on our Capital & Model Risk Management (CMRM) audit team. This position requires extensive business line risk management, FRB, and/or audit experience in Regulatory Reporting specific to FR Y-14M and FR Y-14Q related reports. Experience in other Corporate and Accounting/Finance related businesses/activities (e.g. SEC, Basel, CCAR/DFAST and/or BCBS 239 Risk Reporting) is also helpful.
As an Audit Manager, you will be responsible for supervising audit professionals in executing required work that is risk-based and delivered with highstandards of quality. You will be responsible for project management, establishing guidelines, coaching and measuring performance of multiple staff. You willact as a subject matter expert in regulatory reporting and partner with line of business audit teams to build expertise. Responsibilities include the following:
- Proactively research regulatory reporting instructions and develop risk-based audit procedures with minimal supervision.
- Excellent project management skills regarding assigning tasks, monitoring progress of deliverables to meet audit plan and delivering interim feedback.
- Partner with senior leadership to perform risk assessment, identify key risks, document & review internal controls and finalize scope of engagement.
- Identify and develop ways to improve existing audit practices related to audit coverage.
- Exhibit depth and breadth of knowledge/understanding (technology, operational, financial and regulatory) across multiple businesses and/or develop knowledge in a critical subject matter area.
- Partner with other internal audit teams to manage and execute an audit coverage strategy for FR Y-14M/Q related regulatory reports across enterprise to ensure adequate and appropriate coverage on a scheduled coverage horizon basis.
- Train and mentor junior staff regarding required skills (e.g. audit methodology, regulatory reporting, SEC reporting, etc.) and delegate activities.
- Demonstrate professional skepticism and develop a good sense of risk management.
- Utilize sound judgment in making timely, high-quality decisions.
- Present audit results in an objective and a confident manner. Provides ongoing communications and credible challenges to business partners; while maintaining a balance between independence and partnership.
- Review the working papers of audit professionals to ensure a high quality is maintained and WFAS methodology is followed.
- Write opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions. Escalates significant risks and loss exposures to appropriate levels ofmanagement.
- Work and communicate effectively in a virtual team environment.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- 2+ years of experience with FR Y-14M and FR Y-14Q requirements in Regulatory Reporting
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- 7+ years of audit experience
- 6+ years of experience performing risk assessments
- Big four public accounting experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory reporting: Federal Reserve, OCC, and SEC
- Knowledge and understanding of audit and regulatory compliance
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge/experience of large bank operations and processes used for FR Y-14M/Q regulatory reporting used to support CCAR/DFAST reporting
- Working knowledge/experience of end to end data management and integrity testing in large bank settings critical to reliability of regulatory reporting
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time