Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Audit Manager – AML for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
This position is an individual contributor role that manages audit engagements. Little to no travel is required.
The Auditor Manager develops and independently performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements in the field of business operations, finance, compliance and/or information technology. Maintains a high degree of business contact through fieldwork, often serving as the principal fieldwork contact. Possesses comprehensive audit, business, and/or information technology knowledge. Mentors junior staff auditors on audit excellence, to include theory and application of audit and/or business/information technology techniques. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Executes and leads audit fieldwork on assigned internal audit engagements with limited to no supervision in support of execution of the annual audit plan. Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
- Independently performs (and at times, prepares, reviews and leads) special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators. Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Mentors others on the use of various business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn. Conducts fact finding interviews with client management.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related observations (business issues) and auditreports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
- Supports the development of the departmental annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or other relevant field required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree AND 6 or more years of relevant auditexperience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls, business/information technologyrisks and/or audit techniques
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory environment for the financial services industry
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications
- 4-5 years of direct experienceworking with BSA / AML compliance and expert in-depth knowledge with relevant regulations and regulatory expectations
- Experience working with federal regulators such as the OCC and Federal Reserve
- Knowledge of OFAC regulations
- Experience working in relevant, but non-traditional audit roles, such as compliance testing and quality assurance within first or second line compliance functions
- Preferred designations include CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) or other relevant business designation.
Job Number: R0024358