Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
AUDIT DIRECTOR POSITION SUMMARY:
Grant Thornton understands how important audited financial statements are to businesses, shareholders/owners, lenders, investors and other stakeholders. We work with some of the country’s most successful private and public companies to first understand their businesses and the risks they face, and then focus our efforts where they matter most. We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes and to help them better understand their businesses. We also consider it our job to continually inform our clients about accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may affect their businesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage to budget.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Play a key role in future business generation by identifying new business opportunities through networking within industry.
- Actively participate in recruiting talent to the firm.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, MBA a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive audit experience in medium to large public accounting firm or equivalent, Big 4 experience a plus.
- Active CPA license required.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in practice development and business development.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.