Internal Audit (IA) is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's IA division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally.
IA is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.This role provides the IA organization with strategic direction in the establishment of risk-based auditing and reporting methodologies, organization design, and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives, and for a sub set of a product line/function entity ensures the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
This role will be responsible for developing and delivering the overall strategic approach for the Anti-Bribery Compliance Assurance Program providing independent assurance for compliance with applicable regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Contributes to strategic direction of Citi’s IA function in the establishment of risk based auditing and branch examinations, which include reporting methodologies, organizational design and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance. This is to be consistent and aligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives.
- Uses excellent communication, leadership and strong management skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners and external audiences including regulators and external auditors. Frequently engages in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the function, and possibly on the organization as a whole.
- Directs audit activities supporting a sub set of a product line, function, or legal entity at the global or regional level, in accordance with IA standards, Citi policies, and local regulations. Responsible for providing valued and timely independent assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of a sub set of a product, function, or legal entity at a global or regional level.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of entity structure development, risk assessment and planning across the Culture, Conduct, Reputation Risk and Anti-Bribery audit team.
- Oversees the reporting of plan status across Culture, Conduct, Reputation Risk and Anti-Bribery and works with Regional Directors as appropriate to identify and resolve barriers to execution.
- As agreed and on a targeted basis will own and deliver specific targeted assurance projects including leadership of thematic work and specific investigations in the Anti-Bribery space.
- Track and co-ordinate the timely delivery of high-quality comprehensive regulatory and internal audit issue validation, and where determined appropriate issue validation on other remediation actions, including issues arising from the external auditors, consultants and other parties.
- Oversee the end-to-end management of the IA Anti-Bribery staff, and facilitate the recruitment and development of the staff on an ongoing basis.
- Oversees management of the IA Anti-Bribery budget, working with theCulture, Conduct, Reputation Risk and Anti-Bribery Chief Auditor to manage costs and allocation of expenses
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of multiple disciplines (Audit, Risk, Compliance, Training, Anti-Bribery, Corruption and Employee Conduct concepts) and of different Audit standards, policies and local regulations;
- Applies a broad and comprehensive understanding of high risk areas including Gifts & Entertainment, Advisors/Intermediaries, Hiring Practices, Charitable Contributions and Third Party Suppliers within Consumer or Investment Banking, corporate functions, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management.
- Delivers learning and development programs and is a recognized leader in training and developing others.
- Develops approaches to promote knowledge sharing and promulgate management best practices across Internal Audit and both Citibank and Citigroup.
- Ensures IA meets/exceeds the requirements and expectations of Citibank’s and Citigroup's regulators.
- Works closely and collegially with IA colleagues, line management and control functions to ensure efficient and effective provision of independent audit assurance.
- Collaborates across businesses and functions to improve the identification, quantification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk management and internal control environments.
- Actively supports and drives Internal Audit management’s efforts for Citi to maintain a “Strong” internal audit function and for Citi to have “Strong” control functions.
- Fully supports and endorses the Quality Assurance function of Internal Audit and promptly accepts and remediates deficiencies found by QA.
- Ensures the adoption of the appropriate portions of the Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee Charters and the Internal Audit Charter for applicable legal entities.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts. Leverages Internal Audit's subject matter experts to improve auditprocesses and coverage.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (JD, CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Senior level (15+ years) experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- A self-aware, self-confident individual who has well developed listening skills, and a strong ability to engage a group of accomplished business unit heads by providing proactive advice on a variety of audit matters while carefully balancing the independent requirements of the IA function.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and senior management.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in managing teams and making a positive impact on the organization.