TheAudit Analytics Associate will beresponsible for integrating and managing all aspects ofaudit analytics engagement (data acquisition, data normalization, analytics/testing, documentation of observations, etc.) to assignedaudits and projects.
Reporting to the Director, Head ofAudit Intelligence and Automation, this position will be a key contributor to:
- Understanding and developing data analytic testing to supportaudit objectives.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders and business partners throughout assigned audit projects.
- Develop an understanding of and gain access to data sources relevant to assigned audit projects.
- Performing analyses on audit testing of controls supporting audit objectives.
- Leverage analytical tools and techniques to enhance data analytics testing.
- Document end-to-end process and observations.
- Participate and occasionally lead analytic projects support larger audit related initiatives.
- Educate auditors on and promote the use of analytics for audit efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Identify and define continuous risk based testing opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience in internal or external audit or related control functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with a focus on Analytics, Computer Information Systems, Statistics or Technology.
- Experience with the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends.
- Experience in Data Analytics Coverage for Regional/Branch Banking is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with risk and controls related analytics.
- Knowledge and familiarity with analytic tools and techniques (SQL, Tableau, Python, Arbutus, etc.)
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit practices.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to deliver high-quality work products in a timely manner.
- Experience with automated testing a plus (i.e. exception testing, banking center or branch office risk ranking, etc.)
- Requisition #: 10025334-WD