The role is for an experienced Audit Manager within the Finance/Dodd Frank Compliance audit team, reporting to the Dodd Frank Compliance Team Lead located in New York. The position is based in Plano, TX, and provides audit coverage of corporate Compliance activities, specifically, Dodd-Frank Swaps/ OTC Derivatives and Volcker initiatives and regulation requirements.
The successful candidate will work in the New York based team and will be responsible for executing both regional and global audit plans for these areas. They will also partner with CIB audit colleagues to ensure appropriate coverage of Compliance issues in product aligned audits. They will be expected to:
- Participate on and lead audit engagements from planning to reporting and produce quality deliverables to both department and professional standards.
- Partner with colleagues and stakeholders to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls.
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment.
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement whilst adding value.
- Implement and execute an effective program of continuous auditing for assigned areas, including monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends.
- Effectively manage teams where required, performing timely review of work performed and providing honest and constructive feedback
- Stay up-to-date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business.
- Travel to overseas business locations may be required. While the amount of travel will vary depending upon business need, no more than approximately 5 percent should be anticipated.
- Bachelor's degree (or relevant financial services experience) required
- An MBA degree and/or professional certification, such as CPA is a plus
- Minimum 8 years of audit or relevant business experience in the financial services industry, i.e. Capital Markets and Investments
- Knowledge and experience of Corporate and Investment bank products, as well as hedge fund, private equities and asset management
- Knowledge and experience of Corporate and Investment bank business operation functions and processes from front office and middle office to back office
- Knowledge and experience of corporate Compliance activities across Corporate and Investment Banking businesses ideally from an audit or risk perspective would be beneficial
- In-depth understating of audit practices and methodologies, including risk assessment and a solid understanding of internal control concepts
- The ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of a control weakness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk and accountability
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Proven ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities
- Self-motivated audit professional who effectively analyses risk and proactively identifies issues
- Ability to work well individually, and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation
- Flexibility to travel as required