We are currently looking for a highly motivated Audiobook Production Manager to work with HarperAudio. In this role, you will be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team for one of the largest publishing houses. You will be responsible for the production process for a high volume of titles. You will manage relationships with various outside parties and have a hands on approach with editing select titles.
You will oversee the post-production and managing editorial aspects of a high volume of titles. The ability to handle multiple deadlines and track simultaneous projects is a must.
- Work with outside producers, and in-house staff, to provide all necessary information for audiobook production.
- Track and manage final productions from producers to internal distribution programs.
- Manage and run weekly production schedule.
- Manage and coordinate a freelance team of audio proofers.
- Editing and mixing podcast interviews.
- Repairing backlist titles on demand.
- Record and edit seasonal editorial ‘launch’ meetings.
- Assess new off-site recording studios, provide technical advice to help them conform to our standards.
- Manage scripts, audio and artwork
- Format scripts and manage enhancements when needed
- Set up ISBNs for select titles/formats.
- Work on audio artwork for select titles where applicable.
- Populate and manage metadata across databases.
- Assist digitaldistribution department with metadata updates.
- Work with manufacture-on-demand distribution partners to ensure accurate scheduling, metadata, and art assets.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in audiobook production
- Spoken word editing and mixing skills
- Ability to set priorities under pressure
- Is a self-starter and strong team member
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and well-organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and excellent at Excel
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.