Audio Visual - Systems Operations Administrator
Job Title: Systems Operations Administrator
Location: New York City, NY
Typical Job Functions:
· Provide operational support for real-time, LIVE in-studio Video Wall operations – including console operation, data monitoring, support for video wall display sources, and performing hardware/software upgrades.
· Provide operational support for real-time, LIVE external LED sign operations – including console operation, content scheduling, display source support, and playback support.
· Monitor real-time data feeds, video content, and core infrastructure systems for software/hardware errors, failures and capacity issues; troubleshoot, diagnose and escalate to senior administrators, software development, and external vendors.
· Follow and update procedures for startup and shutdown of core systems.
· Support hardware/software platforms on all pertinent infrastructure and application servers, which handle real-time data dissemination to external displays.
· Support and maintain Production systems for video routing and control, content management, and system alerting and monitoring.
· Perform regularly scheduled systems patching and security updates.
· Engage with the software development group to enhance software functionality and efficiency.
· Interface with various internal departments to support technical requirements for onsite events, LIVE productions, and advertising commitments.
· Maintain systems infrastructure in the Dev and QC labs, which include data consistency reporting, regression testing, and executing test scripts.
· Perform PC/network technical support to onsite system users.
· Assist in business-side technology projects as it relates to formulating hardware/software and networking solutions to meet project requirements and specifications.
· Provide A/V support for onsite events – including acquiring client A/V requirements, testing pertinent equipment, and providing technical support for events.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline or work experience and formal training equivalent to a four-yeardegree.
· 5+ years experience working in 24x7 real-time, mission-critical environments is a must with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service.
· Experience with supporting AV Production systems is a PLUS.
· Must be able to work beyond normal business hours.
· Must be able to work various shifts.
· Must be able to excel in a team-oriented environment.
· Multi-tasking is required and being detail-oriented is critical.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Nature of position involves direct contact with situations involving high stress in a LIVE, extremely visible environment.
· Proficient knowledge/experience in Wintel and networking technologies including operating systems, back-end applications, server software, and switches/routers.
· Proficient knowledge/experience of current virtualization technologies including VMware and/or Microsoft Hyper-V is preferred
· Financial and/or Broadcast industry experience is a PLUS.
· Cisco, KACE, SolarWinds, SQL knowledge/experience is a PLUS.
· Webcasting, Encoding and Streaming knowledge/experience is a PLUS.
· Photoshop, Flash, creative and graphics rendering knowledge/experience is a PLUS.
If you believe you are qualified for this position and are currently in the job market or interested in making a change, please email me the resume along with contact details on or give me a call at 201-484-0331.