· Manage all aspects of the audio and video conferencing systems including requirements for new equipment, replacements, upgrades, and required testing to ensure equipment is always ready.
· Manage all aspects of maintenance of the VTC systems.
· Recommend system upgrades or redesigns.
· Coordinate with customers all required actions to schedule, set up, operate and take down all audio and visual conferences including classified and unclassified systems.
· Provide technical support and recording services as needed for audio video conferences and webcasts
· Configure device IP address, subnet mask, proxy settings, WINS primary and secondary server address, server name / address, and default gateway address, where applicable.
· Ensure that adequate QoS has been configured on network devices to provide optimal video conferencing performance.
· Troubleshoots equipment as required.
· 9+ years’ experience in providing general conference support, facilities readiness, video conferencing device installation and configuration, and technical assistance during video conferencing events.
· BA/BS (12-15 years of relevant experience is acceptable in lieu of this education requirement)
· Strong knowledge with demonstrated experience using VTC Codecs, Audio Mixers, Control Systems, AV automation, Wiring, Amplifiers, Microphones, Projection systems, Video Cameras, and other A/V peripheral equipment.
· Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with performing A/V systems administration level troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair support.
· Certifications: DoD Information Assurance Work Force (IAWF) DOD 8570 IAT Level I (i.e. A+CE, Network+CE, or CCNA-Security).