Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL®hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
The Challenge Ahead
To develop and implement systems that drive audio elements for the NBA Live franchise with a focus on speech/commentary, music, audio playback, and SFX.
Using C++ as the primary development language, the Software Engineer will be responsible for developing prototype applications, adding new features to the game, as well as improving and maintaining existing code for game modes with an emphasis on Audio and Presentation for the NBA Live franchise.
- Collaborates with designers and audio artists to develop features for the NBA Live franchise
- Writes C++ code to coordinate dialogue, music, audio hooks and other effects for the game
- Responsible for balancing and tuning of streams & voices against available performance
- Develop realistic and immersive game features and experiences as it relates to Audio presentation
- Creates prototypes to demonstrate early concept development
- Implements high quality code with comprehensive testing
- Fixes bugs related to assigned tasks. Writes scripts to process & verify audio assets
- Troubleshoots issues raised by stakeholders
What skills does EA look for?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and in object-oriented design and implementation
- Knowledge of audio abstraction layers and libraries, as well as effectively access the sound card directly, load different sound formats, and program music for a game is a plus
- Experience with Audio API’s
- Experience with ActionScript is a plus
- Experience in both a Windows as well as Linux environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices, specifically Agile/Scrum or similar dev methodology
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C# is an asset
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
- More about our location: https://careers.ea.com/locations/usa/orlando/
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.