We are looking for an experienced Audio Project Manager with at least 3years of proven experience in a similar position to join our team.
The APM manages all assigned audio projects from initiation through release. The APM maintains accurate up-to-date information in all project management systems and corporate communication tools, schedules, supervises and effectively communicates with team members and project resources.
- High language skills (US English native preferred, + ideally Japanese or Chinese)
- Deep understanding of the sound and audio production of the video game industry
- Interest and knowledge in managing audio recording and audio recording studios
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills; open-mindedness and forward thinking
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities, effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation
- Flexible approach to people, projects, assignments, with ability to work effectively with varied personalities and work styles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, always placing customer service as a top priority
- Advanced user of audio SW tools and audio HW tools
- Advanced user of MS Office (Excel in particular)
The ideal candidate will have to:
- Manage assigned sound production, audio production and audio localization projects from project initiation through releaseto the client.
- Define, prioritize, track and manage requirements and deliverables for assigned audio production and localization projects. Drive issue resolution and address contingencies in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain complex production and localization schedules and assign resources/tasks as required.
- Create, track, and adhere to project budgets, schedules, and timelines. Expose, report on, and resolve deviations and variances for such. Confirm all projects are completed within designated timeframes.
- Closely monitor the financial status of localization projects, including creating accurate estimates, setting up project budget, tracking vendor/studioscontracts and invoices, performing financial closure at project end, and identifying and correcting budget overruns.
- Develop project strategies and plans.
- Proactively communicate with clients regarding project status, queries from translators, and other issues.
- Identify, assign, schedule and supervise team members for audio projects.
- Prepare and distribute reports for clients and internal colleagues regarding the status of projects.
- Organise and lead meetings in support of assigned projects.
- Contribute to project management and cross-company initiatives, task forces and general process improvements.
- Carry out all other general office and project management tasks as needed and/or assigned by executive management.
- Adhere to communication tool requirements.
The ideal candidate will have to:
- Manage and take control of multiple projects concurrently. Oversee projects in other service lines if and when needed, for example, if a client requires it. This will be decided on a case by case basis.
- Assume full ownership on assigned projects and make sure clients expectations are met, assigning a team accordingly and if needed by reasonably adjusting processes and setups.
- If needed and in cooperation with the Business Development Management Team, assess the scope for new projects and prepare estimates and quotes for clients.
- Advise clients on best practices and agree on project processes and timelines.
- Prepare schedules and liaise with the Operational Services Department to assign staff, hardware, and facilities based on availability and suitability for the project.
- Organize and lead kick-off meetings for assigned projects.
- Provide relevant and thorough briefings to project teams and vendors, and ensure that the overall project strategy and client expectations are understood by all members of the teams.
- Manage day-to-day client interaction in conjunction with Leads and assigned team.
- Act as client contact at a management, workflow and strategy level on assigned projects.
- In regards to QA projects, monitor and maintain bug databases for all assigned projects, including trending and following up with Leads and assigned team.
- In regards to QA projects, if needed and in conjunction with Lead and team, prepare and maintain test plans and appropriate testing methodology.
- Participate in designing and improving processes, methodologies and tools.
- Define test strategy in accordance with the project schedule and budget requirements.
- Plan project activities in order to optimize the use of specific resources (either specialized staff or equipment).
- Define and take part in pre-test workflow and division of team responsibility
- Assign roles and coordinate workflow within the project team
- Communicate department software and hardware requirements to the –
- Operational Services Department.
- Set up, maintain and monitor projects in the internal financialdatabase system.
- Track and manage project budgets and operational profitability and ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Track project progress and status in conjunction with project teams and vendors.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans.
- Ensure correct quality control procedures are carried out on all projects.
- Ensure project documents are accurate, complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Report project statuses and information to management team on a regular basis.
- Initiate milestone reviews and post-project reviews and action any process changes/improvements accordingly.
- Develop and foster lasting relationships with client personnel.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and communicate Leads’ performance records, including providing feedback and mentoring on an ongoing basis.
- Adhere to and provide input into all Babel/Keywords policies, processes and security.