WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks an Audio Programmer to work on a new AAA console title. The audio programmer, working under the lead audio programmer, will be responsible to design, develop and supports run-time systems and tools related to narrative content and audio content.
- Work closely with voice designers, script writers, sound designers and other engineers to create a great player experience.
- Develop and maintain dialogue pipeline tools (content creation and run-time systems).
- Collaborate with members of the team to build sustainable, performant and maintainable technologies and code.
- Play an active role in supporting the game, addressing both low level and high level issues.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in game development.
- Strong C and C++ skills.
- Strong C# skills.
- Strong mathematics skills (linear algebra and trigonometry).
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems related to narrative content and audio.
- GUI/Tools design and programming experience.
- Understanding of basic and advanced audio technical concepts (mixing and signal flow, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, 3D positional audio, streaming usage, etc...).
- Experience with multi-threaded programming paradigms.
- Experience developing for gaming consoles.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Multiplayer architecture is a plus.
- Experience with Wwise or other commercial audio middleware is a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages is a plus (Pyhon, Powershell, etc.).
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science.
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate with designers
- Ability to architecture technical solutions
- Passion for game development