Audio Products Firmware Engineer
- Job Number: 112962952
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: Sep. 20, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Audio Products Engineering Team is seeking an enthusiastic firmware engineer. This is an individual contributor design engineering position. The job entails working with cross-functional groups to continually push the envelope of technology implemented in Apple products.
- The ideal candidate will have 4+ years experience developing embedded firmware.
- Experience with MCUs, peripherals, features, and development environments.
- Experience with board bring up and digital hardware.
- Ability to design and integrate code into a shipping product.
- Solid C coding abilities. Some assembly experience is a plus.
- Strong electrical system and software debugging skills. ICE/JTAG experience is preferred.
- Ability to read serial bus traces, board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- Experience with RTOS embedded development and multithreaded programming.
- Knowledge of Bluetooth and WiFi Technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with real-time audio (sample rates, buffering, I2S, PCM, drivers) is a plus.
- Mac OSX and/or iOS programming experience is a plus.
As an Audio Products Firmware Engineer, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product development, including: Collaborate with marketing and cross-functional engineering teams to define product features and requirements. Play a lead role in defining system architecture to implement new product and product features. Design, implement, debug, and test embedded C code running on 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit MCU's for Apple-branded audio products. Support electrical bring-up and debug of prototype hardware. Work with internal teams and external contract manufacturers to bring products to mass production. Collaborate with software teams to define communication protocols. Enable expansion of our product ecosystem features through creation of test tools.
BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering