Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
As an Audio Hardware Validation Engineer, you will design and develop test scenarios, tools and procedures to validate audio system performance. You will also validateelectrical specifications and performance limits of audio systems and analyze measured data and provide feedback to system designers and product leads. You will set up, operate and maintain audio and acoustic lab test equipment, and work with the team to oversee and determine lab coverage and equipment strategy.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Design and develop test scenarios, tools and procedures to validate audio system performance.
- Validateelectrical specifications and performance limits of audio systems.
- Analyze measured data and provide feedback to system designers and product leads.
- Set up, operate and maintain audio and acoustic lab test equipment.
- Work with the team to oversee and determine lab coverage and equipment strategy.
- 3 years of experience testing, and evaluating embedded and mobile audio systems.
- Consumer hardware experience.
- Experience with analog, electronics schematic and symbols, and audio industry measurement standards.
- Experience with equipment from; Audio Precision, Prism dScope, Rohde & Schwarz, Signal Generators, SPL meters, Measurements transducers from Bruel & Kjaer and GRAS. Experience with software tools such as; SoundCheck, CLIO, LabView, Daqarta, etc.
- Experience in management of audio lab environment and associated test equipment.
- Experience in consumer hardware product development stages, from prototyping to mass production.
- Work comfortably with schematics, test kits, CAD drawings, rough engineering drawings and/or verbal instruction.
- Basic understanding of typical audio issues in recording industry and root causes.