- Advancing the state of the art of audio performance by developing innovations from our Applied Research team to the deployment to our regional offices prior to production applications.
- Extensive collaboration with audio systems and research engineers on the technical and perceptual merits of the innovation.
- Demonstration of innovation prototypes to product division stakeholders and external automotive customers.
- Education of appropriate engineering teams to deliver innovations to the product development team.
- This position will require some domestic and international travel.
Must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience with research and development of audio technology incorporating signal processing, acoustics, psychoacoustics and related fields of engineering.
- Experience in system design and integration with automotive electronics, and electronic control modules.
- Research experience involving mathematical analysis and modeling.
- Deeply passionate and knowledgeable about audio engineering.
- Position involves driving prototype vehicles to evaluate and verify system performance; Valid driver's license is required with a clean driving record
Additional preferred skills:
- Matlab and Simulink experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Experience with speaker design and selection
- Musical background
- 7+ years of professional hands on relevant experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Electromechanical, Mechanical or Equivalent degree with an emphasis on Audio Engineering, DSP, or Communications.
- Masters of Science in Electrical, Electromechanical, Mechanical or Equivalent is preferred