Job Title: Senior Audio Engineer
- Establishes requirements for highly complex electrical design projects and may lead a team responsible for establishing requirements. Insure correct features are incorporated first in the projects. Insures correct features are incorporated first in the projects.
- Architects and designs highly complex electrical projects. Completes all phases of the projects. Follows through on all in-process and final inspection activities.
- Develops and applies technical and quality improvements.
- Creates new programs, technologies and solutions based on novel or unique ideas. Insures new ideas and methodologies are documented for use by hardware teams.
- Uses status as a knowledge leader in hardware design and functional knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines and program management to provide technical leadership to a given program.
- Defines requirements for and may design complex new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of complex problems.
- Initiates cross-company collaboration and develops positive relationships with otherengineering disciplines.
- Exercises judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- May coordinate the activities of other personnel.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Interacts with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Represent the organization as the principal customer contact and often performs project leadership
- A 4-yearBachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline (acoustic, mechanical, electrical) from an accredited college or university, MS or MEng is preferred.
- Minimum of 5years engineeringexperience, which should include electro-acoustics, audio and or electricalengineering.
- Demonstrable experience with telephony, echo cancellation, and handset design.
- Experience using QACT highly desirable.
- Knowledge of GSM, CDMA, VoIP, VoLTE, and Media communication technologies.
- Familiarity with CAD design tools such as SDRC or ProE for 3D modeling or Cadence ECAD design tools.
- Working knowledge of audio test and evaluation software and systems, including ACQUA, SoundCheck, Adobe Audition, Life Test, UPV, and CMU/W test systems.
- Experienceworking within cross-functional teams.
- Experienceworking with a diverse team including third-party engineering organizations, domestic and abroad, to implement designs.
- Periodic domestic and international travel is required.