Duties and Responsibilities:
- Records audio in both audio and television studios, as well as remote locations
- Performs audio post-production duties
- Manages multiple projects and works efficiently with tight deadlines in a professional manner
- Demonstrates knowledge of studio and field audio recording equipment and techniques
- Demonstrates knowledge of audio post-production equipment and techniques
- Demonstrates understanding of production tools, development/delivery workflow and workgroup resources
- Handles multiple projects accurately and efficiently as assigned
- Works under close supervision
- Job may require frequent travel via commercial transportation and/or operating motor vehicles
- May require lifting up to 60 pounds
- May be subject to working outside of normal working hours, including weekends
- May require involvement in leadership-approved education programs and activities as applicable for continued development
- Exhibits thorough knowledge of department and company goals, strategies and vision, including compliance standards such as brand, intellectual property, copyright and trademark guidelines
Competitive candidate should have:
- Education and/or a minimum of 2-3 years of professional audio experience in one or more of the following areas desired:
- Location production which includes, but is not limited to field audio equipment and techniques.
- Post Production which includes, but is not limited to:
*sound design, sound editing, audio mixing, and noise reduction.
*Live broadcast which includes, but is not limited to knowledge of equipment, techniques, and engineer support of broadcast/events from various locations.
- Ability to understand and perform RF coordination, analog and digital mixing consoles, analog and digital signal flow including signal levels and connections, digital audio workstations such as Pro Tools, audio restoration programs such as Izotope RX 6, and OMF/AAF workflows.
- Must have exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including the ability to quickly understand and identify issues, then effectively communicate solutions.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with creative and production leads to ensure production aligns to strategy and executed with passion
- Work closely with the audio team, video engineers, creative directors, coordinators, producers, video directors, video editors and others to confirm recorded audio meets quality standards, troubleshoot problems, identify areas that require attention, and to ensure successful handoff of projects.
- Adaptability and ability to “think on their feet” in the moment situations
- Ability to assist other production crew members as needed.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and works efficiently with tight deadlines/schedules in a professional manner.
- Continually research new technology, products, techniques, and industry trends to help make recommendations to improve all aspects of audio including, live sound,
broadcast/streaming audio, wireless frequency regulations and coordination, microphones, mixers, preamps, signal processors, and audio interfaces/peripherals.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.