Audience Development Manager, vMVPD
Advertising | Santa Monica
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
Since launching the first Netflix streaming player in 2008, Roku has delivered instant entertainment to millions of streaming players and TVs. Roku features more 5000 channels of entertainment including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, Pandora, Showtime and HBO Now. The award?winning Roku platform is renowned for its ease of use, value and selection of content. Roku players and TVs are sold through leading retailers in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, France, Canada and Mexico. Roku was founded by Anthony Wood, inventor of the DVR.
A leader in the connected TV space, Roku boasts significant distribution, an extremely active user base, rich content choices, and sophisticated, interactive advertising capabilities.
We seek an experienced Audience Development Manager, vMVPD to help drive the explosive growth of this category within our audience development business. Candidate should have a background in partner management, digital and performance-based marketing, user acquisition tactics and revenue-driven analytics. Candidate should have experience working with vMVPDs or MVPDs. Experience in mobile app promotion and the entertainment vertical a plus. Candidate must be versatile, have experience leveraging data to drive strategy and have a strong orientation towards new ad products, analytics and process. Reports to Director of Audience Development.
- Primary point of contact for existing top tier vMVPD accounts.
- Help guide overall strategy for the vMVPD vertical.
- Conceive and execute media plans; including all pre and post sales work
- Strategize tactics to grow and retain new trialists and subscribers
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple customer touch points
- Analyze campaign data and continuously optimize campaign performance accordingly.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure strategy encompasses a holistic approach to partner business objectives.
- 7+ years digital marketing/ partner management experience
- Proven track record with analytical, performance driven marketing and multi touch attribution
- Experience in vMVPD or MVPD space, preferably with network partners
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Demonstrated track record successfully recommending analytics-driven product investments
- Experience in mobile advertising and app promotion a plus
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Familiar with commercial ad serving and measurement tools
- Able to influence cross-functionally
- Located in Los Angeles office
Characteristics of success at Roku:
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed