Role Summary This position will have ownership and decision-making in areas like vendor selection, budget management, methodology and analytic plans, technology platform scope, and deliverables of results. Responsible for managing a program budget of approximately $1.5M and managing multiple vendors and project teams. Collaborate and coordinate between multiple internal stakeholders as the subject matter expert in consumer insights, also translating to employee and dealer insights. This team member will be a subject matter expert in consumer insights for AoA and Dealer partners by conducting research and disseminating actionable insights and recommendations to key stakeholders. Under the leadership of the Sr. Manager, the team member will be primarily responsible for Audi’s proprietary customer satisfaction tracking program collaborating with Audi and Dealer key stakeholders. The team member will also be responsible for syndicated research analysis and deliverables, custom primary research SME (consumer, employee, dealer), and related vendor management. The team member will develop and monitor strategic goals and provide feedback and consultation to Audi business units, including Audi management, Dealer Council and Sub-councils, and Region & Field teams.
Role Responsibilities Audi Insight Management: (50%)
- Subject matter expert and primary lead of the Audi Insight customer satisfaction tracking program; consults and advises Dealers and Corporate partners.
- Survey development, data analysis, vendor selection, management, budgets, systems, training, communications, and best practices recommendations & implementation.
- Shifting the dealer and corporate culture around the use and understanding of Audi Insight results from score-checking to knowing the true voice of the customer.
- Ongoing proactive data analysis, recommendations, and deliverables that call stakeholders to improved Customer Experience actions at Dealer and Corporate levels.
- Leverage Audi Insight applying to strategic focus areas, producing insights and actionable recommendations (e.g. new model launch, pilot program results, product quality initiatives)
- Facilitate Audi Insight steering committee with key users at dealers and region/field staff.
- Leadership and tracking of the dealer survey appeal processes.
- Defining future retail customer experience survey/measurement systems and assuring its integration into field/corporate KPIs, dealer performance systems and operations.
Custom Primary Research SME: (15%)
- “Go to” professional in the organization for consumer insights needs and activities. Proactively collaborate with stakeholders on insights needs and opportunities.
- Leverage consumer research expertise into applications for Dealer and Employee insights. Regular interaction with stakeholders to co-create insights prospects.
- Support and collaborate with other Insights Team members to share best practices, training, support project key milestones, share capacity peak/off-peak, etc.
Strategic Recommendations: (15%)
- Proactively gather / evaluate customer survey results, verbatim, studies; distill into actionable insights and cascade to inform customer-centric business decisions across AoA.
- Analysis, recommendations, and integration with dealer training, systems support, sales/aftersales operations, rewards and recognition programs.
- Collaborate and support Region Customer Experience Managers and Region After Sales Managers with data, value-added insight, and program development.
Syndicated Studies Managements: (10%)
- Manage key syndicated studies, presentations, and deliverables into AoA key stakeholders.
- Deep dive analyses and recommendations into improvement opportunity topics and areas of the company; e.g. SSI, CSI, APEAL, NVES, NADA.
- Vendor management including meeting coordination, on-time accurate deliverables, ongoing consulting and maximize learnings and ROI to AoA.
Operational Excellence: (10%)
- Design, launch and maintain a coordinated customer survey process with ongoing governance leadership.
- Evaluate additional customer feedback approaches including Voice of the Customer analytics, text/voice analytics, Net Promoter Score, etc.
- Manage budget, collaborate with Finance & Purchasing on project reporting and processes
- 5-7years of professionalexperience
- Of which 3+ years of consumer market research experience
- Of which 2+ years interfacing with Regional and Dealer personnel (desired)
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Market Research, Economics, or related area (e.g. Psychology, Sociology, Liberal Arts)
- Formal training in market research methodologies and analysis, quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Direct management of multiple external vendors & suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Decision-making and recommendations regarding vendor selection, budget management, project scope and methodology, and platform technologies
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Market research management techniques in quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Ability to analyze data across various studies & generate insights / recommendations
- Ability to communicate & interact effectively with all levels of the organization: Corporate, Dealers
- Understanding of qualitative & quantitative research methodologies
- Experience owning syndicated and proprietary tracking studies and consumer research, e.g. Satisfaction, Quality, Brand Image
- Skilled in diverse research methodologies and analyses (e.g. surveys, focus groups, IDI’s, ethnographies, UX testing, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in developing strong working relationships across many layers of an organization & across cultural boundaries
- Experience in management of budgets & performance results tracking
- Experience in automotive industry or franchise business with independent retail partners (desired)
- Experience interfacing with Regional and Dealer-level personnel (desired)
- Travel 5-10% to visit vendors, Regions/Field/Dealers