Provides counsel to the Transamerica life insurance companies issuing variable/fixed annuities and variable life insurance on federal and state securities and insurance compliance and regulatory matters. A subject matter expert for variable products. This person may participate in committees and/or advise on business decisions.
Title and salary commensurate with experience.
- Provides ongoing advice to business partners on the development and regulation of annuity and variable insurance products with regard to federal and state securities and insurance laws, including market conduct, sales practices, compliance and regulatory matters.
- Prepares and assists with preparation, including oversight of filings, of registration statements of variable annuities, variable insurance, and related products.
- Drafts and negotiates contracts between the insurance companies and their service providers.
- Advises on changes in laws and regulations affecting variable and fixed annuities and variable life insurance and works with business partners to implement any necessary changes.
- Advises about issues pertaining to the sales practices, market conduct, and other compliance issues relating to variable and fixed annuities and variable life insurance.
- Advises as to legal risks involving the Company.
- Provides periodic assistance with projects involving the Company’s affiliated record keeper and the pension business.
- Provides periodic assistance with legal reviews of variable products and fixed annuity marketing pieces.
- Other duties as assigned based on Company needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- Juris Doctor Degree
- State Bar admission
- Minimum of 8years of experience, at least 4 of which involve working directly with variable products.
- Securities lawexperience
- Some insurance lawexperience
- Frequent demand to establish priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide quality legal services based on experience in a timely manner.
- Taxlawexperience a plus, but not required.
- Retirement product experience a plus, but not required.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment, and able to communicate with senior leadership.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
• Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
• Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
• Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
• Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
- Normal office environment.
- Travel may be required.