Since 2008, when Hurricane Katrina impacted the United States’ Gulf Coast region, HORNE has become a leader in disaster recovery efforts. HORNE now serves recovering communities across the mainland US, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands. The driving force of HORNE is--and always will be--our close personal attention to those affected by natural disasters. Emphasizing excellent client experiences, HORNE is a top 100 firm in the nation and a top 10 firm in the Southeast.
HORNE is currently seeking an Attorney for our Government Services practice.
General Skills & Experience
- Must have a minimum 7-10 years’ experience as a licensed attorney in good standing;
- Must have high level writing skills;
- Must be a high level communicator that works comfortably in stressful environments;
- Must have good time management and organizational skills;
- Must have litigation experience;
- Must have contract and/or transactional law experience; and
- Must be self-motivated.
Specific Skills & Experience
- Needs to have extensive (7-10 years) experience in federal procurement matters, including regulations, requirements and norms;
- Needs to have extensive (7-10 years) experience in state (agency and/or executive agency) level procurements, including Request for Proposal/Qualification requirements and proposal submission knowledge;
- Needs to have extensive (7-10 years) experience in state and/or federal contracting between governmental entities and private sector entities;
- Needs to have extensive (7-10 years) experience in general transactional/contract law, including, contract drafting and negotiation between private parties, including but not limited to, engagement letters, teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, subcontract agreements, professional services agreements, and other transactional experience between legal entities, etc.;
- Needs to be familiar with legislative, and executive level, government processes, patterns, regulations, rules and norms at the state and federal level;
- Prefer to have familiarity with Public Information Request response;
- Needs to have experience dealing with complex litigation matters, including matters that result from the federal or state government as well as wholly private sector matters that are in state or federal courts, and matters of arbitration or mediation – relative to all must be comfortable handling subpoena response, discovery, motion practice and trial matters;
- Needs to have experience and/or understanding relative to federal investigative bodies;
- Prefer to have experience and knowledge regarding US Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) grant programs, in particular, the CDBG-DR Program;
- Prefer to have experience and knowledge regarding the Federal Emergency Management Agency (“FEMA”) Disaster Response and Recovery Programs, such as but not limited to, FEMA PA and FEMA IA;
- Needs to have experience managing other counsel in litigation matters;
- Needs to have experience successfully managing other non-lawyer personnel;
- Prefer to have successful training experience teaching other personnel on legal matters; and
- Prefer to have experience drafting policies and procedures for both internal and external (client) usage.
• A dedicated and diligent team committed to delivering excellent client and customer service at every opportunity.
• A work environment that promotes collaboration, consistency and community service to empower people.
• An inclusive culture that promotes career/life integration and invests in developing people in areas of focused expertise.
- An unrivaled distinctive, special culture that values collaboration, innovation and positive energy which HORNE calls the Wise Firm©.
- A team of professionals grounded in strong, personal relationships and a sense of belonging to a common purpose of adding value and making a difference.
- A dedicated team of individuals from diverse backgrounds working together to leave our clients better than we found them.