Job DescriptionGEICO seeks a Personal Injury (PIP) Attorney for the Miami Staff Counsel office. Under supervision, the attorney will:
- Defend PIP lawsuits against GEICO which are filed in courts of limited jurisdiction.
- Research laws, prepare legal briefs, opinions and memoranda.
- Render opinions on liability, damage and case values as
requested by the Claims Department.
- Conduct and defend Depositions, Examinations BeforeTrial and/or Examinations Under Oath.
- Defend by trial or pre-trial proceedings, all litigations as assigned.
- Travelrequired within geographical area covered by Miami office Candidate qualifications:
- Must be licensed and admitted to practice law in the State of Florida
- Minimum one (1) Year PIP litigation experiencepreferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills and computer skills (Microsoft OFFICE) are essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
About GEICO For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union