$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Under general supervision, defends lawsuits against GEICO insureds and represents GEICO in subrogation, UM/UIM, and PIP suits in courts of limited and unlimited jurisdictions.
1. Researches laws and prepares legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda.
2. Renders opinions on liability, damages, and value as requested by the Claims Department.
3. Prepares and handles pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include depositions/examinations beforetrial and examinations under oath based on jurisdiction.
4. Defends by trial, arbitration, or mediation all matters assigned, as applicable.
5. Adheres to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
6. Meets attendance standard of the business location, to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with supervisors and co-workers.
7. Meets the requirements specified below.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Valid Through: 2019-10-22