GEICO’s Pennsylvania Staff Counsel is seeking an Attorney II in Allentown, PA. This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience in personal injury litigation and demonstrated trial ability in cases of moderate severity and complexity (such as control files) or 7 years litigation experience and demonstrated trial ability in cases of moderate complexity.
Position Duties/ Functions:
- Researches laws and prepares legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda.
- Renders opinions on liability, damages, and value as requested by the Claims Department.
- Prepares and Handles pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include depositions/examinations before trial and examinations under oath.
- Defends by trial, arbitration, or mediation all matters assigned, as applicable.
- Assists with the training and supervision of less experienced attorneys.
- Adheres to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
- Meets attendance standard of the business location, to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with supervisors and co-workers
Salary and grade will be commensurate with experience Must have license in good standing to practice law in Pennsylvania.
About Geico For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union