Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The Chubb Staff Counsel office of McGuinness & Cicero is currently seeking candidates for an Attorney II position in our Tampa, Florida office. As a member of Florida Staff Counsel, this attorney will be responsible for defending general liability and casualty cases brought in the state and federal courts of Florida against Chubb’s insureds. Specific duties will include having full-file responsibility over assigned cases (including trial, motion practice, discovery, pleading, mediation, appeals, etc.). Another key aspect of this position requires preparing regular reports and evaluations on assigned cases.
Admission to The Florida Bar and the U.S. District Courts of Florida.
Candidates must have the following skill sets in order to provide high quality legal representation and service to our clients:
- Prior jury trialexperience on high-exposure cases;
- Strong knowledge and grasp of current procedural and substantive law for both state and federal practice in matters involving wrongful death, catastrophic injuries, premises liability, construction accidents and defects, motor vehicle liability, products liability, and defamation;
- Effective verbal and written advocacy and negotiation skills;
- Ability to apply analytical skills to address complex legal issues;
- Ability and willingness to proactively communicate with and report to clients, Claims staff and other members of Staff Counsel;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Computer skills to be able to effectively utilize the firm’s electronic case management system, perform electronic research, draft pleadings, and file / serve court documents electronically;
- Excellent time management and organizational skill with the ability to work in a high volume environment.
The attorneys and staff of McGuinness & Cicero are employees of Federal Insurance Company, a member of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies. Chubb does not accept resumes from unsolicited third party agencies or recruiters. No fees will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates in this manner.