GEICO's Nevada Office of Staff Counsel is seeking a litigation Attorney in Las Vegas area to primarily defend litigation pending in the Civil Courts. Primary Position Objective: Under close supervision, DEFENDS lawsuits against GEICO insureds and represents GEICO in subrogation, UM/UIM, and suits filed in courts of limited jurisdiction and, in the discretion of the Managing Attorney, in courts of unlimited jurisdiction.
Salary and Grade commensurate with experience.
Essential Functions: RESEARCH laws and PREPARE legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda. RENDER opinions on liability, damages, and value as requested by the Claims Department. PREPARE and HANDLE pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include depositions/examinations before trial and examinations under oath. DEFEND by trial, arbitration, or mediation all matters assigned, as applicable. ADHERE to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles. MEET attendance standard of the business location, to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with supervisors and co-workers. MEET the requirements specified below.
* License in good standing to practice law in the State of Nevada.
* Position requires a minimum of 3 years' experience in personal injury litigation or 5 years' litigation experience.
* TRAVELS as required, including but not limited, to attend trials, hearings, depositions, management meetings and conferences.
* Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing, speaking, bending, reaching, lifting and standing.
* Must be able to use a keyboard and a mouse.
* Must be able to multi-task.
* Must be able to access and utilize multiple pieces of office equipment that may require simultaneous use.
* Must be able to communicate in a professional manner in person, via telephone and/or email.
About Geico For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union