The GEICO Staff Counsel Office in Hackensack, NJ is seeking an attorney with a minimum of 1 yearexperience in personal injury litigation or 2 years litigation experience, preferably in New Jersey.
1. RESEARCH laws and PREPARE legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda.
2. RENDER opinions on liability, damages, and value as requested by the Claims Department.
3. PREPARE and HANDLE pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include depositions/examinations beforetrial and examinations under oath.
4. DEFEND by trial, arbitration, or mediation all matters assigned, as applicable.
5. ADHERE to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
6. MEET attendance standard of the business location, to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with subordinates and management.
Licensed in good standing to practice law in New Jersey.
TRAVELS as required, including but not limited, to attend trials, hearings, depositions, management meetings and conferences.
About GEICO For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.