Job DescriptionGEICO seeks anexperienced insurance Attorney for its Tallahassee, FL Staff Counsel Office. As a GEICO Attorney, you will:
- Under supervision, handles and manages litigation files from inception through trial.
- Capable of researching laws, preparing legal briefs, motions, pleadings, discovery, opinions and memoranda.
- Render opinions on liability, damage and case values as requested by the Claims Department.
- Conducts and defends Depositions and Examinations Under Oath.
- Defends by trial or pre-trial proceedings, all litigations as assigned.
- FL Bar membership in good standing
- Excellent organizational skills and computer skills (Microsoft OFFICE) are essential
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Strong communication
About GEICO For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including: