Requirements: Staff Counsel office in Tacoma : GEICO seeks Washington licensed attorney in good standing with 1 - 3 years of personal injury litigation experience or up to 4 years general litigation experience. The successful candidate will handle auto defense litigation including first and third party personal injury claims. Under supervision, the attorney will be expected to manage the file from start through resolution. This position requires travel within the geographic area covered by the office, including depositions and court appearances. Salary commensurate with experience.
1. Research law and prepare legal briefs, opinions and memoranda.
2. Render opinions on liability, damages and value as requested by the Claims Department.
3. Prepares and handle pleadings, motions and discovery to include depositions/examinations under oath.
4. Defend by trial, arbitration or mediation all matters assigned.
5. Adhere to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
6. Meet attendance standard of the business location, to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with supervisors and co-workers.