GEICO Staff Counsel is seeking an attorney for its Baton Rouge, LA office to handle autodefense litigation including first and third party personal injuryclaims. Applicant must be currently licensed in Louisiana. Some personal injury litigationexperience or insurance defenseexperiencepreferred. The position requires independent management of the file from the start to settlement ortrial. The position requirestravel within the geographic area covered by the office to depositions and court appearances. Deposition and/ortrialexperiencepreferred.As a GEICO Attorney, you will:
- Handle and manage litigation files from inception through trial
- Prepare motions and memorandums of law.
- Prepare pleadings, discovery, demands and responses.
- Draft reports and provide file analysis.
- Louisiana Bar membership in good standing
- 0 to 3 years of personal injury litigation experience
- Jury verdicts are preferred
- Strong communication and MS Office Skills
- Experience handling motor vehicle cases is a plus .