Job DescriptionKey Position Details GEICO seeks anexperienced insurance defense Attorney for its Austin, TX Staff Counsel Office, which defends GECIO insureds in third party cases and GEICO in first party cases in the Austin area. As a GEICO Attorney, you will:
- Handle and manage litigation files from inception through trial.
- Prepare motions and memorandums of law.
- Prepare pleadings, discovery, demands and responses.
- Draft reports and provide file analysis.
- TX Bar membership in good standing.
- 0 - 1 years of personal injury litigation experience.
- Jury verdicts are required.
- Strong communication and MS Office Skills.
- Experience handling motor vehicle, PIP and subrogation cases is a plus.
About Geico For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union