The Deposit Products group within the Consumer Banking team of the Legal Department of Bank of America is looking for a highly motivated attorney to join their team. Working with senior attorneys, the successful candidate will primarily support the consumer banking business with a focus on the Consumer Deposits Products Deposits Products, Life Priorities and Life Event Services businesses, which involves responsibility for a wide range of activities related to development and maintenance of products and services. The position will support checking, savings, CD and debit product development, certain life priorities initiatives and related issues with an emphasis on Reg DD, Reg E, Reg D, Reg CC, and UDAAP.
The job responsibilities:
- Advising product development and management teams on regulatory and legal issues
- Commenting and monitoring legislative developments, including working with trade associations, and implementing new regulations
- Interacting closely with business, risk, compliance and audit partners on new product launches, existing products and services and emerging issues and regulatory matters
- Collaborating with legal partners supporting consumer products, customer channels, credit/underwriting, and privacy as needed
- Monitoring legal and regulatory developments impacting consumer deposits products and services, including via legal research
- Participating in governance routines and forums
- Reviewing policies, procedures, processes and training materials for customer-facing associates.
- Reviewing agreements, legal contracts and other documents.
- Drafting consumer disclosures
- Reviewing marketing and communications
- Conducting legal research
Provides general legal counsel to the consumer banking businesses, as well as specific advice on products, services and certain legal actions. Reviews legal contracts and documents. Directly, or through staff, conducts legal research. May represent the bank in legal actions. Individuals in this position typically have a minimum of five years of experience since admission to the Bar.
- JD from an accredited law school and strong academic credentials
- Active state bar license
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with a national financial company or within a law firm performing similar functions
- Familiarity with some or all of the laws governing consumer deposits and sales & service processes for consumer products (Reg DD, Reg E, Reg D, Reg CC, UDAAP, Reg P, FCRA, TCPA, Reg Z, and Reg B)
- Strong organizational and communication skills, sound business judgment and ability to be an effective team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and interface effectively with clients and Risk, Legal and Compliance partners in multiple locations and time zones
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks amidst pressing deadlines; managing a substantial workload and client expectations, and interacting with associates and management at all levels
- Must be able to accommodatedeadlines that may extend beyond normal business hours.
Job number: 17052851