As a Attorney-Advisor (General) GS 0905 15, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Provide legal opinions on fiscal law issues within the Department. This includes advising on the proper application of laws, statutes, and regulations of funding Departmental operations.
- Responsible for legal issues, programs or policies involving the financial management of DHS.
- Review Anti-Deficiency Act investigations and provide fiscal law training for DHS.
- Provide legal advice on the proper use and expenditure of funds, interagency agreements, federal travel, financial assistance and support to non-Federal agencies and organizations.
- Research and analyze applicable laws and regulations, provide interpretations of those laws and regulations to the DHS General Counsel and other DHS officials. Draft legal opinions and analyses, and make recommendations to DHS officials at all levels.
- Maintain working relationships with Congressional Appropriations Committees, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the DHS Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and other DHS components and Federal agencies.