The Boeing Company's BDS Vehicle Systems Control Laws team is looking for motivated individuals to join the team as control law engineers, supporting various rotorcraft programs including AH-64. The position offers exposure to a great variety of core GNC/Flight Controls tasks and experiences, including interactions of the control systems with the dynamics of the vehicle to assess factors such as robustness and margins, control structure interaction, performance evaluation, handling qualities, and loads in order to validate or assess the system design. The work also includes assisting in demonstrating compliance to applicable regulations and specifications by executing tests, performing analysis or simulation and design reviews in order to deliver a compliant product that exceeds customer expectations.
Common control law engineering tasks include but are not limited to:
• Perform frequency domain analysis in Matlab/Simulink to assess system stability characteristics
• Perform time domain performance analysis
• Participate in the development and review of design requirements
• Show compliance to requirements via appropriate testing and analysis
• Develop and execute Detailed Test Procedures using flight controls test facilities with real flight hardware and software
• Participate in engineering development and pilot flight simulator demonstrations in the engineering EDS (Flight Simulator)
• Develop and execute software tests to support verification and validation activities
• Identify control law design and implementation problems
• Support flight tests
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
Typical Education/ Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1900010408