Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. Join us and let us focus together on what's truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology. Around the world.
Are you ready to work in a startup like environment for a global powerhouse? Do you thrive in strategic roles? The Operations team at Siemens Power Generation Services is looking for a dynamic Repair Operations Director who will be responsible for leading the repair strategy and operations as well as asset management for a fleet of aero derivative turbines.
· Implements or administers repair & refurbishment policies, guidelines, programs and standards, in organization unit(s) assigned.
· Manages product line repair operations in conjunction with SDO business units and MROC network.
· Provide leadership for a global team with multiple interface points and that supports all global service regions.
· Contributes to unit's budget planning and completes related reporting.
· Responsible for locating, acquisition, maintaining, and logistics as it relates to gas turbines & power turbines used for lease & exchange.
· Analyzes workflow environment and deploys improvements.
· Prepares and contributes to contractual matters, with external parties (i.e. vendors, clients).
· Ensures effective cooperation with both, internal and external stakeholders; clarifies issues.
· Works closely with sales and marketing to develop competitive and customer focused offers.
· Responsible to define and establish a fleet repair strategy and supply chain.
· Lead and leverage full capabilities of existing repair network by supervising processes and qualification of product specific methodologies and develop a flexible external repair network to the extent required.
· Will work with repair global repair shops and external vendors to develop a sourcing plan.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Intimate knowledge of repair methods, procedures, tooling and labor requirements for LM aero derivative gas turbines.
· Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline, industrial/manufacturing preferred
· 15+ years of experience
· Solid track record in leading and developing gas turbine related repair operations.
· Demonstrable experience in building a high performing and motivated team.
· Knowledge of repair shop methods and procedures on a broad portfolio of technologies.
· Proficiency with repair facility capability assessments and shop qualification processes.
· Familiar with both licensed and non-licensed Maintenance Repair Overhaul & Conversion facilities.
· Experience with aero-derivative hardware and repair procedures.
· Experience developing and implementing cost reduction and process optimization.
· Able to effectively function in a multicultural and diverse working environment
· Candidates must have an entrepreneurial mindset and be eager to build an organization and processes.