We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
ATM/ITM Project Manager, Assistant Vice President
The Retail Process Manager is responsible for managing banking center process and projects on a national level. This role leverages project management and problem solving skills to develop process solutions that improve the front line productivity, reduces operational risk, and drives better customer experiences. Projects can vary by scope, complexity, and size and may include responsibility for the project budget. This role will also serve as a subject matter expert across a diverse portfolio of projects varying in size and complexity.
Successful incumbents are have strong project management, functional/technical skills and problem solving abilities, have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, have strong decision quality and drive for results, take command of the situation and build strong peer relationships.
Process Improvement and Innovation Management
- Develops innovative solutions to solve critical business problems or to meet priority business objectives (e.g. reduce costs, improve productivity, reduce risk, support communications initiatives).
- Develops concepts, strategies, communication initiatives and business cases for initiatives that will have broad based impact on frontline productivity and customer experience.
- Manages the pipeline of future innovation initiatives (within his/her space) and assists with the project initiation activities.
- Initiates and manages Proof of Concepts to evaluate the business value of new capabilities, including the design of the experiment, metrics, and analysis of results.
- Leverages strong problem solving skills and techniques (e.g. Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Business Process Flows and Swimlane Diagrams, Lean) to develop sustainable solutions to improve key processes.
- Conducts brainstorming activities with stakeholders to develop potential solutions.
- Develops new use cases for existing systems to deliver new solutions.
- Leverages existing and new technologies to simplify and streamline front-line processes.
- Conducts research ("horizon watching") to identify trends and innovations that are relevant to the BC strategic roadmap, including retail bank transformation and the digital preferences for consumer banking, etc. Funded resources, such as Towergroup and CEB; recommends reputable internet sites; analysis of internal data sources (such as marketing data and transaction volumes), interviews with internal stakeholders, external sources (such as other banks), engagement with 3rd party consultants/vendors (such as Accenture, FIS, Ricoh).
- Develops strategic recommendations and designs roadmaps to transform the operational and technology platforms to address key capabilities and colleague/customer experience gaps.
- Ensures that Retail Bank and Banking Center technology and process initiatives are aligned with the broader channel strategies.
- Evaluates transformational initiatives of other organizations (and other industries) and their relevance to the roadmaps.
- Presents these recommendations and insights to executive leadership team for awareness and approval.
- Leads small to large projects and/or participates on project teams. Projects may have business implications, cost center implications, staffing (FTE) changes, controversial subjects, breaking new ground and varying parts, are matrix managed with multiple stakeholders (markets) and geographic distance.
- Leverages Lean Six Sigma and other problem solving methodologies to develop sustainable process solutions to address risk and improve front-line effectiveness.
- Responsible for completing projects on time, on budget and to the stakeholder expectations and project objectives.
- Coordinates project activities with vendors, project resources, and stakeholders for all aspects of the project, including concept, requirements, development, budget tracking, readiness review, communication, and launch activities.
- Proactively anticipates and manages project risks, including development of mitigation plans and escalation to resolve critical issues. Examples of risk include not meeting stakeholder requirements or expectations, exceeding approved budgets, missing project due dates, inadequately addressing risk, and implementation issues that negatively impact customer and/or colleagues.
- Communicates accurate and timely project accomplishments and overall project health to stakeholders via standard practices.
- Establishes and manages project governance, including project organization (core team, management team, and steering committee meetings) and decision making processes.
- May include work across numerous stakeholder groups to design and facilitate implementation of complex solutions.
- Will manage strategy and implementation of key projects from workflows to information architecture, as well as site management, and development of all associated training and governance models.
- Supports process management needs of our key stakeholders, including Product Management, Managers of Market Operations (MMO's) and Retail Compliance.
- May be required to make senior management level presentations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 6 years Banking Center or related Business experience
- 5 years project Management experience
- 3 years of experience administering, directing and controlling within a self-directed team nvironment
- 3 years of experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday