- Experience Level (Years) 4-6
- The ATE Technician is responsible to perform the complete functional and acceptance test of the more complex electronic, electro-mechanical or mechanical systems and products. In addition, the Technician V completes complex analysis, test, and repair of any new or customer-returned unit that is damaged or defective and performs independently or assists engineers in problem solving such as confined interference factors, alternative or unsuitable components, producibility problems, and feasibility of applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist engineers and perform independently all work necessary in an assigned engineering development lab to layout, fabricate, test, build prototypes, and otherwise assist in the development verification, validation, and qualification of products and/or test equipment
- Interpret and work in accordance with work orders, drawings and schematics, sketches, catalogs, manuals, all other applicable engineering and customer specifications, and oral instructions
- Set up, adjust, adapt, operate and interpret results from standard and special purpose test equipment applicable to assigned area, such as multi-meters, signal generators, power supplies, bridges, oscilloscopes, field intensity meters, altitude chamber, flow meter, automatic test equipment or special test consoles to simulate in-service condition
- Perform functional, calibration, qualification, acceptance tests (if applicable), design verification tests under all applicable environmental and operational variables such as temperature, humidity, altitude, shock, vibration, EMI, and various stresses
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems
- Test and align hybrid circuitry
- Modify and update Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs), Standard Test Procedures (STPs), Qualification Test Procedures (QTPs), Design Verification Test Procedures (DVTPs), and other relevant and related procedures and perform each test accordingly
- Document, analyze and organize test data, make computations, plot, graph and chart as needed, and otherwise prepare concise and accurate reports of test results
- Interface with all applicable groups such as Production Technicians, Assemblers, Buyers, Engineers and others as necessary to exchange information, provide technical assistance, and share equipment; Assist with the transition of engineering to production
- Set up equipment and interpret specifications; Train, mentor, and check the accuracy of work of designated employees of lower classification
- Program test equipment; Utilize and program other software necessary to complete job responsibilities
- Assist and participate in design rules for engineering and manufacturing
- Interface with customers, and provide customer support, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems and provide information on product
- Perform reliability tests for probable life, probable failure, extreme conditions, etc.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
- Eight (8) + years of related experience
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering electronics, science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services; Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Outstanding communication skills in English: verbal ? speech and listening, as well as written expression and comprehension.
- Two-yeardegree in Electronics or equivalent experience is required. A Bachelor?s degree in an engineering discipline is preferred.
- Employment Eligibility Requirement :
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible. Because we contract with the US Department of Defense we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).