Comtech EF Data is looking for an ATE Designer. You will build and maintain new and existing ATE stations for the purpose of testing modems for Satcom applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Regular and predictable attendance required.
• Analyze data to validate manufacturing process to ensure product functionality.
• Writes test procedures for the manual and/or automated testing of new products and product upgrades while working closely with Design Engineering to ensure overall functionality and reliability of the manufacturing process.
• Work with production technicians to ensure product is being processed in an efficient and thorough manor.
• Writes test scripts and programs using various software languages for the testing of Satcom equipment including modulators, demodulators, modems and redundancy units.
• Support and maintain existing stations and software associated with the production test validation process.
• Recognize and evaluate failure trends as they occur. Resolve any failures associated to the test equipment and/or test software, work with Design Engineering and Manufacturing as determined by the failure evaluation.
• Plans and develops experimental test programs and test equipment necessary in the testing of new products and features.
• Integrates off-the shelf test equipment in manual and automated test stations.
• Integration of power meters, analyzers, noise sources, frequency counters data test sets etc. into integrated test stations.
• Development and maintenance of test software required to calibrate and test the associated UUT.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent; four years related experience and/or training. Working experience writing in; Java, Python, LabWindows/CVI, Visual Basic, C, C++ and similar software is recommended.
• Experience with MS Office
• Experience working with modems for Satcom application preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factory analysis.