Are you an accounting professional who wants exposure to a diverse client base? Do you enjoy working directly with clients on a variety of assignments, including audits, reviews and compilations? Is working with an established firm that provides its staff growth and advancement potential what you are looking for? If this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
Since 1972, Cray, Kaiser Ltd. has been serving a diverse client base with a focus on the family-owned or closely-held business. Besides the standard audit, accounting, and tax programs, we offer our clients a full range of business consulting services to assist with the complete life cycle of the business.
Our Core Values
- Education: We believe in lifelong learning. The best way to be successful is to empower yourself with knowledge – and then share it with your team and clients.
- Integrity: We embody accuracy and sincerity through our work and our actions.
- People: We value the person. Everybody on our team has something to offer to the success of our clients and our firm.
- Care: We believe the work we do matters because of the people and the businesses it impacts.
- Trust: We take pride and ownership in our work, elevating us as teammates and as trusted advisors.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant with experience in direct client contact and running engagements. You will work either independently or within a team depending on the assignment.
What we offer:
- Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Short & Long-term Disability
- CPA and CPE reimbursement
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Casual dress office environment for non-client-facing days!
- Robust staff development program including internal and external education, a mentoring program with direct partner input, and annual performance appraisals
- A positive and challenging environment with a people-oriented team!
What you’ll be doing:
- Assess clients’ accounting entries and financial records for accuracy and to verify records are in accordance with accounting standards and principles
- Preparation of client financial statements and oversee audit reviews and compilations
- Utilize strong knowledge of general accounting and auditing procedures to provide clients with feedback on process improvement opportunities
- Develop strong working relationships with clients and employees in order to ensure successful execution and delivery of assurance engagements
- Proactively identify engagement and project related issues as they arise, and promptly address them to ensure timely resolution
- Manage the preparation of reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients
- Oversee the day-to-day activities and execution of the assurance staff assigned to the engagement, while working collaboratively to support the engagement team, and maintaining clear and consistent communication with the client to ensure they are up to date on the progress of the engagement
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Progressive experience in public accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- Experience running engagements and training staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Corporate and individual tax preparation
- Self-starter and team player
- Ability to travel locally- Only local day travel so you can be home at night
- Experience with Excel, various Thompson Reuters applications, QuickBooks, Lacerte