Marcum LLP is seeking Assurance Managers & Senior Managers to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Providence office. This person will be responsible for managing assurance engagements, with minimum oversight by Partner. Be an active role model and leader for staff to emulate. Meet billable hours requirement.
- Coordinate various planning phases of engagements and ensure work is on schedule.
- Generate budgets.
- Maintain profitable realization rates.
- Review and evaluate work papers, and determine compliance with professional standards and firm policy.
- Review reports and financial statements.
- Review with the engagement partner significant findings that raise questions involving auditing standards and firm policy.
- Manage risk and ensure quality control procedures are being executed.
- Be involved in practice development and supervision of multiple engagements.
- Assume responsibility for billing and collections when circumstances permit.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with client management.
- Provide on-the-job training to subordinates.
- Generate new business annually for new and existing clients.
- Represent the firm by presenting on areas of expertise at 3rd party events.
- Effectively manage employee and client expectations.
- Complete performance evaluations constructively and timely, and also provide ongoing performance feedback to employees.
- Maintain required annual CPEs.
- MBA/BS/MS in Accounting from an accredited college or university (minimum of 150 college credits).
- Must be a licensed CPA.
- 7-11 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)/Tax Law Knowledge.