Marcum LLP is seeking an experienced Assurance Manager/Senior Manager to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Irvine, CA office. The position requires a high-energy, experienced professional with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Our growing assurance practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
The Assurance Manager/Senior Manager is responsible for managing audit, review and compilation assignments and projects. This includes coaching, advising, and directing team members in managing and meeting client expectations.
- Develops and strengthens long-term relationships with senior client. management, manages client expectations, and ensures client satisfaction.
- Establishes work plan for each client assignment including assigning tasks and responsibilities, and ensures completion in accordance with plan and client expectations.
- Manages the assignment budget and profitability in area of responsibility.
- Manages the preparation of financial statements and management letters.
- Reviews and prepares work papers to ensure documentation adequately supports conclusions reached.
- Provides staff evaluation and guidance during and at the end of each engagement as well as completes annual and semi-annual performance evaluations.
- Conducts research, prepares memorandums and summarizes findings.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of accounting systems including Excel and QuickBooks. Experience with CaseWare and/or ProSystem fx Engagement a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, develop and coach teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and active participation in networking.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong ability to develop and maintain customer service approach when building and maintaining client relationships.
- A general understanding of market trends including opportunities, global and local business initiatives and stakeholder/competitor interests.
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP and GAAS.
- Minimum 5 years accounting and auditexperience in a public accounting firm.
- B.S degree in accounting and CPArequired. Advanced degreepreferred.