Job Posting DescriptionMarcum LLP is seeking an Audit Manager- Real Estate to join our growing and well-established national firm in our New York City office. This person will be responsible for managing assurance engagements, with minimum oversight by Partner.
Time will be spent in the field at client sites, primarily within the tri-state area. Approximately 15-20% of travel is outside of the metro area.
- Coordinate various planning phases of engagements and ensure work is on schedule.
- Generate budgets.
- Maintain profitable realization rates.
- Review and evaluate work papers, and determine compliance with professional standards and firm policy.
- Review reports and financial statements.
- Review with the engagement partner significant findings that raise questions involving auditing standards and firm policy.
- Manage risk and ensure quality control procedures are being executed.
- Be involved in practice development and supervision of multiple engagements.
- Assume responsibility for billing and collections when circumstances permit.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with client management.
- Provide on-the-job training to subordinates.
- Generate new business annually for new and existing clients.
- Represent the firm by presenting on areas of expertise at 3rd party events.
- Effectively manage employee and client expectations.
- Complete performance evaluations constructively and timely, and also provide ongoing performance feedback to employees.
- Maintain required annual CPEs.
- BBA/BS/MS in Accounting.
- Must be a licensed CPA.
- 7-11 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)/Tax law knowledge.
- Ability to articulately communicate professional/technical knowledge.
- Effective business advisory skills.
- Decisively identify and execute solutions to problems.
- Thorough understanding of complex technical issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
Job Posting ResponsibilitiesMarcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.