CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) is looking for a highly motivated Assurance Director to join our team in Ft. Myers or Naples, FL! You will supervise and perform significant audit and review engagements for our audit clients, build relationships, and assure continued close personal attention to their needs. If you are looking for an opportunity to serve the needs of privately held business and the individuals who own them with a Top 10 Firm than we’d like to talk to you!
- Assume full responsibility for planning, supervising, and controlling all phases of the firm’s regular services for those clients delegated by principals.
- Delegate or assume in-charge responsibility; project and plan the timing of the workload to promote the most efficient operation of the staff.
- Lead the decision-making process for assigned engagements/clients; keep the engagement principal fully informed of major decisions, engagement progress, the client’s situation, and potential concerns.
- Develop a responsible and trained team through assistance in recruiting, planning assignments, resolving problems, providing direct consultation to staff, evaluating staff performance, and acting as an instructor or discussion leader in professional development programs.
- Delegate or supervise preparation of the engagement letter for approval by the engagement principal, discuss the nature and terms of the assignment with the client, estimate fees, and ensure client signs and returns the engagement letter prior to the start of the engagement.
- Evaluate internal controls and audit programs prepared by staff, revise as necessary, and present to the engagement principal for approval.
- Follow the engagement progress through monitoring time budgets and deadlines for adherence; communicate important developments to the engagement principal along with facts, conclusions and recommendations; provide ongoing attention to client management; and prepare final client meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 6+ years of public accounting experience with emphasis in financial statement preparation, audits, reviews, and compilations
- Current CPA license required
- Ability to travel to client sites that may also require overnight travel
- Advanced technical knowledge of audit, accounting, and tax concepts
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to show strong leadership and mentoring capabilities
- Dynamic interpersonal manner with the capacity to develop and train staff through supervised practice
- Excellent client service orientation with an ability to expand services and develop new business