Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Oversee, direct and manage the installation of concrete ties, rail and turnouts, undercutting, shoulder cleaning, ditching, welding, and surfacing work. Oversee manpower, scheduling, equipment, material, and supplies that support track operations. Ensure compliance with Amtrak and Federal Railroad Administration policies and procedures.
• Directly supervises and develops track forces to ensure quality construction, maintenance and safe work performance. Responsible for all aspects of safety in area of responsibility.
• Leads and manages the personal safety and track safety processes and ensures policy compliance.
• Monitors and records track construction productivity to ensure efficient use of all resources and makes the necessary adjustments and procedural changes as required.
• Efficiently plan work and allocate resources to ensure timely accomplishment of tasks.
• Inspect production gang work and track construction projects to ensure quality compliance.
• Monitor track inspection periodically to ensure all Federal and Amtrak requirements are being met by track inspectors.
• Conduct efficiency and operation tests.
• Effectively communicate and build rapport across departments, sub-departments and public agencies.
• Effective utilization of performance management and interpersonal skills to ensure timely feedback and coaching as required to maintain discipline and improve performance.
• Ensure compliance to budget with hiring, overtime, and materials procurement.
• Directs, plans and implements long-term programs for capital and maintenance track construction projects.
• Ensures all track programs and projects are completed according to scope, schedule, and budget, as well as compliance with Amtrak and FRA policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the integration of the Production Department’s projects with other disciplines and departments to ensure effective implementation and workforce.
• Ensures resource utilization (labor and equipment) for operating efficiency.
• Establishes production goals and ensures achievement for construction gangs.
• Demonstrated experience and thorough knowledge of train operations, railroad maintenance and construction methods.
• Some experience in planning/scheduling and project management.
• Qualified or have the ability to be qualified in MW1000, NORAC, RWP, AMT2, applicable FRA rules and regulations.
• Microsoft Office, WEE, PC experience with spreadsheets.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Office Skills
• Engineering and Construction knowledge
• FRA regulatory knowledge
• Railroad industry knowledge
• Supervisory experience in Engineering (civil, structural, electrical or mechanical)
• Technical track systems experience
• Ability to work effectively with multiple team members
• Prior satisfactory job performance is required
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Extensive experience in railroad operations and procedures.
• Technical experience with regard to track systems, policies, and procedures.
• Demonstrated experience in railroad construction and maintenance methods.
• MW1000, NORAC, RWP, AMT II, and applicable FRA rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated experience in project management.
• Demonstrated experience in using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) sufficient to prepare effective business analyses and presentations.
• Demonstrated experience in working effectively with multiple team members.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements:5 - 7 years of experience