An Asst Ops Manager with be responsible for fleet Out of service, Utilization and Revenue. They are the immediate supervisor to the Driver Manager whom will be responsible for drivers miles, home time and performance. They will report directly to the Ops Manager of Expedited services. Must be proficient in problem solving and multi-tasking. This position will be a salaried Tues-Sat position with the hours of 8am-5pm. Otherresponsibilities may include:
- Manage fleet Out of Service
- Manage fleet utilization and revenue
- Be involved in driver escalations
- Oversee staffing decisions and development
- Continued focus on driverretention
- Filling in for Driver Managers in their absence
- Understand and pursue operation’s core goals of service, utilization, and profitability. Engage and coach operations coordinators in ensuring service, productivity, and profitability while balancing driver miles, home time, and performance.
- Monitor assigned fleets to assist in providing on time service to the customers. Tracking specific load types to enhance security and service.
- Document and maintain daily, weekly and monthly departmental metrics for the assigned fleets. This requires understanding and management of key indicators such as, but not limited to: out of service, out of route, on-time service, fuel efficiency, home effectiveness, and fleet utilization.
- Understand and maintain the integrity of our ISO process and procedures.
- Work with other members of the Operations Department to ensure proper balance and equal distribution of the workload within the department.
- Proactively assist operations, planning, and customer service in problem resolution.
- Effectively communicate with drivers, defuse tension, and manage conflict.
- Assign loads to drivers to support service, driverutilization, driver profitability, driverretention, and company profitability. Adhere to optimization recommendations in planning.
- Complete non recommended planning when needed, in conjunction with other planning groups.
- Provide leadership and positive direction on the floor through coaching and mentoring.
- Includes management of time off, holiday, and adverse weather scheduling.
- Maintain a high degree of system knowledge through continuous training.
- Evaluate and recommend additional training of operations coordinators as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 year college degree or related experience in the truckload industry, preferred
- Understanding of U.S., Mexican, and Canadian geography, as well as developed map reading skills.
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary to assist others in problem resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Department ofTransportation requirements relating to ground transportation.
- A competitive starting base salary
- Fun upbeat atmosphere with good work life balance
- Casual dress/ work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in our 401(k) program
- Extensive Wellness program with annual reimbursement opportunities
- Access to onsite gym, basketball court, and outdoor kitchen
- Access to onsite primary care facility for employees, and to family members who are enrolled in company’s health insurance
- Onsite cafeteria
- Employee discount program through Abenity
- Graduate school tuition reimbursement program
- Opportunities for advancement throughout our company.