As the Digital Workplace team at Northwestern Mutual, we envision a work environment with digital capabilities that are a motivation to realizing our company strategy while aligning with experiences that our workforce finds most valuable in their personal lives.
We are looking for a leader to set and deliver on a vision for the virtual meeting and conference room technologies in the Digital Workplace including both hardware and software. This leader will be accountable for partnering with key stakeholders to ensure the technology that is being introduced meets the needs of our user base while also improving the overall experience with these technologies.
Key capabilities in this space are virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, conference room technologies including room control technologies such as Crestron, audio platforms such as BiAmp and Shure, video platforms such as Aver and Huddly, as well as several other key applications and hardware solutions that support our needs for high quality meeting experiences. Operational work, which includes system resiliency, redundancy, stability and security, will be a key focus area as well as ensuring the accurate metrics are measured for the Digital Workplace applications used by Northwestern Mutual’s home office workforce across Milwaukee and New York.
- Set a compelling vision for The team, measure and adapt to results through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, velocity, engagement, and happiness.
- Develop and strengthen the team through training, mentoring, and coaching of your team and across the technology organization.
- Clarify objectives and remove obstacles and barriers that prevent the team and organization from achieving results.
- Develop, implement, and promote agile / lean best practice standards including the use of tools and automation.
- Works collaboratively in setting team standards and standard methodologies.
- Active participant in setting technical roadmap and technical vision for a broad set of technology fields.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
6-8 years professional experience
demonstrated ability in leading engineering or product teams including:
- Developing future leaders.
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions
- Solid grasp of the organization’s primary domains and business functions.
- You have theoretical and logical understanding of specific domains your reports work in, and ability to articulate engineering tradeoffs across team and to senior leaders.
- You bring together the work of many teams and individuals into a cohesive, achievable plan that aligns with goals and deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and commit to results through others. Ability to lay out a solution and break it down into parts to allow for delivery through teams
- You will coach and mentor less experienced engineers, along with assigning stretch assignments, and develop development plans with reports.
- Experience with engineering full software development lifecycle best practices including requirement gathering, design, testing, architecture, security, compliance, implementation and support
- Experience with modern infrastructure, hybrid infrastructure, PaaS, SaaS, and specific and specialized experience in technologies within domain accountabilities.
- Experience with modern engineering best practices, SLA adherence, service management, test driven development etc.
- Minimum 4 years' experience planning, organizing and managing activities of others as direct reports or lead of specific project tracks, product teams.
- Understand base technologies required for specific domain and more generalized industry trends.
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.